20 May New Safety & Sanitation Protocols at Still Life
As many of you know, we closed our doors temporarily on March 15th and we are currently in the process of getting ready to reopen.
Please know that we have been taking advantage of this time to prepare our clinic to provide the highest level of safety and sanitation when we can finally open our doors again. We have invested in high-quality disinfectants and sanitation devices for our office. We will be staggering all appointments to allow for extra time to deeply disinfect our office and lobby, as well as keep clients from coming into contact with each other in between appointments. The Washington State Department of Health, Washington State Massage Therapy Association, and Float Tank Association have been continually updating and communicating the new protocols to safely begin working again, and we are committed to strictly adhering to these policies.
We will let you all know when we have been given the green light to begin scheduling appointments. We are eager to see you all and help relax the quarantine out of your muscles while providing a safe reprieve for you from this tumultuous time. We will see each other soon and are so looking forward to it. Still Life has become a cold and lonely place without you!
Shannon, Tim, and the Still Life Staff
New protocols (updated as requirements change)
We ask our clients to PLEASE:
- Wait in your car if you are early for your appointment and only enter 5 minutes prior, do not bring anyone with you that is not receiving a treatment
- Practice social distancing of six feet in waiting rooms and other areas of the practice.
- Bring only essential items with you that you can carry in your pockets, such as phone, keys, or credit card. Leave big purses and coats at home or in your car.
- Bring your own water bottle and leave it in your car for after your service.
- Wear easy to remove and put on clothing, including shoes.
- Wear face coverings when you arrive for your appointments. If you do not have a face mask or you forgot your mask, one will be provided to use during your visit to our clinic and your massage. We will evaluate your breathing comfort during the prone positioning of your massage session and modify the positioning if necessary. If you are not able to wear a mask during your visit, please wait to schedule your appointment until you are able.
- Go to the restroom and wash your hands upon entering the office before your treatment starts. Avoid touching any surfaces after you have washed your hands.
- Hand sanitizer will be available for use at any time.
- We will require a credit card on file so we have the ability to do touch-free payments, or you can prepay with a gift card.
What to expect during your visit:
- All staff members will be wearing masks
- The massage therapist will wear modified PPE (personal protection equipment) – apron, mask, and eye protection which will be changed between clients.
- All hard surfaces will be disinfected between clients, which includes, massage rooms, float rooms, and bathrooms
- We will not be offering water or tea service
- Clients will no longer be able to linger in our chill space or lobby to reduce overcrowding
These policies are subject to change at any time.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation!